We are excited to be able to say that Citizen Bar has been open for 10 years! And while we weren't the first rooftop bar in Chicago, we’d like to think that we had something to do with the evolution of the rooftop & summertime scene. It truly has been a thrill to party with so many of you in our River North home over the past decade. Let's toast.
Wow, a decade. What was happening back in 2006?
- Jonathan Towes was drafted in the first round. Patrick Kane was still in high school.
- Facebook switched to open registration, meaning you no longer needed an .edu email address to join.
- The Target on Division was Caprini Green.
- Everyone was OK with the DJ playing JT – Sexyback multiple times throughout the night
- Gas was roughly $2.70 per gallon
- The Red Hot Chili Peppers headlined Lolla like they just did this past weekend.
It's crazy how our world has come a long way in the past 10 years and in some ways stayed the same. The ride has been very cool & we’d like to thank all of our neighbors, local businesses, friends and family for supporting us over the years to make it possible for us to continue serving food and drinks in our community this long.
NEWSFLASH: Citizen is open year round. Who's excited about Citizen in the winter???
Anybody out there???......just a couple of people???(who happen to be our favorite regulars)...........yeah OK we get it. We're a summer bar. Which is why we're celebrating our 10 year milestone in August because IT'S SUMMER and we’re so hot right now. So let's do this!
EVERY NIGHT FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST
from 9:50pm - 10pm
$1 Bud & Bud Light Bottles - $1 shots of Don Julio
So stay a little bit longer for happy hour. Or start your big night on the town with us. Or both. And do it with 10 minutes of prices from 10 years ago!
That’s how we’re doing our anniversary. Let's enjoy the last month of summer for 10th time together. There's a table waiting for you on the roof.
Your friends at Citizen Bar